Sunday, November 20, 2016

Christmas Decoration


I am so glad you are here and if this is your first time visiting DIY180, Welcome! I am thrilled you are here because I am apart of the "Bling on the Holidays" hop. A group of faboulous bloggers have an amazing line up of Christmas inspiration for you to see.  You are here at DIY180 and your next stop will be PS. I Love You Crafts. You will find the list of bloggers at the end of this post.  We are having a great giveaway, so after visiting all of the projects, you are eligible to sign up for a drawing for a $150 Amazon Gift Card. Isn't this a great way to start your Christmas season?

I love vintage Christmas ornaments and the vintage strings of lights. It reminds me of my childhood and I remember thinking how our tree looked so beautiful. I even love that tacky tinsel. 😅
This year I want to make one of my smaller trees have a vintage feel. I have been in search for vintage ornaments and bulbs and I hit the jack pot when I found 40 vintage bulbs. I couldn't wait to incorpate them into my tree. Your going to love how easy this project is.

This art work was my inspiration for my vintage Christmas tree. 
Christmas Decoration


Here are my supplies
http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/11/christmas-decoration.html

Taking the bulbs and apply a thick coat of Mod Podge. When the bulb is covered well, insert the bulb into the glitter. I let the bulbs sit for about an hour before I sprayed a light coat of Mod Podge sealent. 
Christmas Decoration - Vintage Bulbs ornaments

Using red twine, I just hung my vintage bulbs on my tree. 
http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/11/christmas-decoration.html

My vintage tree is not all done but it will be in the next couple of days. 
http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/11/christmas-decoration.html

Christmas Decoration
Remember just click on the list below to visit the other fabulous ladies in this hop than you are eligible to enter the $150 Amazon Gift Card drawing! Thank you for stopping by.

57 comments:

  1. We have a several glass bulb strings of lights and I've totally done this before. It's so easy and a great way to repurpose burnt out bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought about what to do with burnt out bulbs, but this is a great idea! My kids would have so much fun with this and we would be repurposing so it's a WIN-WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a great idea! Love how the glitter totally transforms them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am as vintage as these lights are, but I love love love them. This is a great way to use them. Going to keep my eyes open for this style of bulbs. Great idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the crafts look so cute! Commented on all blog posts in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love the glitter and tinsel, too What a nifty idea this is it came out so cute, I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Bling! Love all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Vanessa! I love how they look on your tree. I have boxes of vintage bulbs that my mom gave to me, now I know what to do with them.
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! I had never thought to do this! I am totally making some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the use of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for those old burned out bulbs I have been saving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea! Glitter is so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun and easy--this would be good to do with your kids and a good way to use old bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too adorable my friend!!!!!!!! And you know I love a good reuse/upcycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't get enough of these glittered light bulbs! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever. Great use for those old burned out bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sparkles! Those will catch the light so gorgeously, and it's a recycling craft too! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so pretty! I love that you could do all different colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love glitter for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I havent used modge podge in years maybe it's time to try it again

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this ornament idea. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! Does the sealant keep the glitter from going everywhere???

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love glitter crafts. I got some clear ornaments that I plan on doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the vintage bulb look. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so colorful and cute!! I got to make these for my tree. i always did like the bigger bulb better

    ReplyDelete
  26. The ornaments are pretty. I also like that little tree. I live in an apartment so space is premium.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the glittery bulb idea. I really like how sophisticated the gold looks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great way to save the burned out bulbs from going into the trash. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great way to re-use some non-working lights, instead of throwing them out! Cute and environmentally-friendly - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love love love! I am a huge fan of the big, retro looking bulbs. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this! And such a good idea for old or burnt out bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect way to upcycle bulbs! This would be a great addition to an ornament collection or a great way to fill a first time tree. *Pinned
    Mary Beth Elderton

    ReplyDelete
  33. The glitter really adds to the charm. I love this crafty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the glitter on the bulbs. So fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are so pretty, everything's better with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thats a lovely ornament. I like how it is personalized. It will be cherished!

    Ellen BECK sorry couldnt use my name, it is in blogger :/

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so smart! a perfect way to use those extra bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great idea! I love the glitter! It really livens up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like a fun, pretty craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the golden glitter bulbs. So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  41. How cool! Never dawned on me that you could have a use for burnt out bulbs... and to make them look so pretty too! I love it! So crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. We just found a bunch of old christmas lights in my parent's attic. They're in the car ready to go to Goodwill. I think I'm going to steal a strand so I can take some of the bulbs out and make your super adorable glitter ornaments. Fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, those little bulbs bring back good memories! Glitter made them so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These must look so great at night when the tree lights bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  45. There is something so fascinating to me about vintage trees & ornaments. I just appreciate the simplicity of the red twine you used with the bulbs. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That is a fun craft to make to brighten up the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this Christmas decoration and all of the sparkles. All of the bloggers involved in this giveaway have some amazing holiday crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really love this easy to make decoration. thanks for the craft and giveaway!
    Entry form name: Marlene V.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your simple DIY....

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.