Friday, June 17, 2016

Painted Table - Child's Table Makeover



These last six months I took a hiatus from blogging because just 4 weeks before school started, we decided to pull our youngest out of school and homeschool her. This was a great year for my youngest child and I. Together we grew so much. Since we made the decision to homeschool so quickly, I was not quite organized and it was a bit of a challenge, but we made it through our first year. We love homeschooling and our homeschool group. Homeschooling is a lot of work and every week I have to plan out our weekly lessons. Even with so much time I have to put in, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I made the decision to change my blog from a DIY blog, to a Lifestyle blog. This is going to include my easy to make cooking/baking recipes, DIY projects, craft projects, art projects and homeschool ideas. Thank you for coming along on my new journey and I am so excited you are here today! If this is your first time to DIY180, welcome!  

I am sharing my latest project I found a year ago on the side of the road. Got to love free stuff. This lovely childrens wooden table needed a light sanding and a couple of coats of paint. 

table makeover

This table top was rough and was covered with paint splatter. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it a good sanding. The legs of the table were in great shape and I used magic erasers to wipe it clean.

I used The Martha Stewart multi-surface Bubblegum Chewing-Gum satin paint. I loved this color and it went great with the fabric on the chairs.
Makeover Table
 How great is this before and after. I love the pop of pink and the fun fabric on the chairs. 
Table Makeover

Thanks for stopping by and check out my latest transformation.

Don't Miss a Thing!

If you like what you see, there are several ways to follow along!

5 comments:

  1. As a former teacher, Vanessa, I know how much work you have to put into lesson plans and instruction, however it was the most fulfilling job I ever had. I am sure that when it's with your own child it's even more so. Congrats on your first year! Woo hoo!! Can't wait to see what you share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I much admire homeschooling moms!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pop of pink is so cute! Makes me want to be a little girl again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww the table looks wonderful and so cute with the chairs!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.