Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentine Chalkboard Sign

I have been seeing a lot of different ways to create your own chalkboard signs, so today I am going to show you my take on how I made my Valentine's day sign.

Supplies are chalk, clean eraser, stencil and wet rag
Place your stencil on the board and lightly wet the tip of the chalk and trace.  Making the chalk a little damp helps the color come out darker.
Need to clean up some mistakes just dap the eraser on the wet rag and this method leaves straight lines too.
This is what I tell my husband all the time. I also free hand the butterfly.
This is to me a much easier processes of making a chalkboard sign and you can use different stencils. So have fun with this project and let me know if you try it. Thanks for stopping by and I Love to hear from you.

Hugs, 

Vanessa

19 comments:

  1. I love that pink chalk. It is so bright and vibrant :) Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! That is the easiest way I've seen of making chalkboard signs. Love the font for that stencil, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! THe font looks great - I don't know if I would have thought of doing it that way so thank you for sharing :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Indeed easier than free-handing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, Vanessa! I've never heard of the trick of wetting chalk to make the color darker. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh I never thought of using a stencil for a chalkboard sign, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Vanessa -- your hubby is a lucky man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used stencils on a chalkboard before. I love how that looks! I really should give that a try. It would look better than anything I free-hand. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I have those very same stencil fonts. I love them. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalk boards Too. Pinned your sweet Valentine board:) New follower. Follow me too http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/love-me-love-my-dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just darling! I didn't know that wetting the chalk would make it darker. Great tip. Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your chalkboard sign, oh and yes the pink chalk too! I never thought to use my stencil on my chalkboard so a clever girl I am not! Also a great tip about wetting the chalk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Good idea to use stencils. I also find that chalk paint isn't as messy as chalk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to use the stencils! Your sign is adorable!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute, and that's a great tip (wetting the chalk so the color is brighter). Love the sign and the sentiment, too!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect for the season :)

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of wetting the chalk~ Those pens run out fast!Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.